Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Playing with Chains


The first item on my BDSM to-buy list was chain.

I feel maybe this was a slightly unconventional way to start. Maybe it came about partially because I appreciate the fantasy element and symbolism of a damsel in chains. James and I went to the hardware store and I asked him to have the lengths cut and to make the purchase while I wandered elsewhere - there was no way I could handle being asked about it. It's good I left, too, because people were curious. We got rope at the same time, but we didn't touch that until recently. No, it was the chains we used.

We have two each of two, three and five foot lengths, plus a bunch of double-sided snap hooks. The whole setup cost us less than 40 dollars. We keep them in a plastic shoebox, which is pleasantly heavy for its size - not surprising, considering its contents. Opening the lid reveals shining metal links and smooth black leather - an appealing combination.

They are remarkably easy to use, especially for a beginner - just clip them wherever you want them. You can clip them to cuffs or a collar, wrap them around limbs and body, or loop and clip them around furniture. They are quick and easy to snap into place, and can be adjusted with ease just by moving the clip over a link or two. The learning curve is gentle - you don't have to look up knots and manage large amounts of rope. If something goes wrong, the chains can  be off in seconds without needing safety scissors.
 

Chains are lovely in a more artistic sense as well. You can connect them in odd places, creating erratic...erotic...lines over skin. You can change the pattern as much as you want, however radically you want, with just a few simple clips. They form a beautiful, terrible, tangled mess of links that, for all its complication, is easy to change and remove when you are ready for the next part of your play. While they aren't nearly as tight and secure as rope, escape is not usually on my mind.

Their sound is hypnotic. Hearing the clink of them when my eyes are covered. Imagining James holding them, moving them, finding the clips and planning what to do with the chains and with my body. Hearing the rattle and soft thump as they fall to a heap on the bed, wondering how they will be used, and when I will feel them brush against my skin.
The links of the chain are smooth as they pull across my skin. They are heavy and hard and my flesh yields as they pull against me, my skin molding against the metal. They are always cold. I flinch and my skin quivers as they touch me, whether they are wrapped around me or slowly coiled in a shiny, cold pile on my belly. It's cool and lovely in the summer, but in the winter I sometimes lay under a blanket while the chill of the chains permeates my body. Waiting for my body to heat them and itself. Sometimes we place them in front of a heater beforehand, or wrap them in a blanket and put them in the bed with us. Then they are warm, and I can be exposed entirely to the chill air...and my Sir's eyes.

They weigh heavy on my limbs and body. The physical weight enforces the psychological lethargy that comes with being submissive. "I'll only move if you want me to." Sometimes he attaches the chains to the rings on my collar, and the weight of them on my neck and shoulders reminds me that I am his. Or perhaps they are attached to my wrist cuffs, weighing my normally busy, frisky hands down. Or across my neck, chest, and back as I press my face into the sheets and feel His big, warm hands brushing along my backside, such a welcome contrast to the cold, smooth links He uses to keep me bound.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment